miércoles, 1 de diciembre de 2010

I have received a wonderful decoration from Daniel Duquenal

Today I made Daniel Duquenal’s blog Venezuela News and Views, http://daniel-venezuela.blogspot.com/ . I consider that a decoration, just as real men of arms receive decorations and honors in the battlefield.

I have never forgotten how the hero of my chilhood ( and of my youth and maturity and old age) D’Artagnan, received the batton of Marshal of France at the very same moment he was being stricken by a bullet, in the battlefield (there was a real D’Artagnan and he died in the siege of Maastricht, in 1673).

This is not my case (no bullet) but I consider Daniel’s post an honor similar to what my life-long hero received from Louis XIV. Daniel Duquenal is french, as were the Sun King and Alexander Dumas, so I am justified in feeling identified with my french hero. Call me immature if you wish. For a very senior man such as I am, immaturity is not a liability. On the contrary.

Thank you for your generosity, Daniel!

No hay comentarios: